Sonoma Valley Regional Park
How are the parks recovering from the Sonoma County wildfires? Join a Regional Parks naturalist on an easy to moderate-level 3-mile hike in Sonoma Valley Regional Park in Glen Ellen. This park burned extensively in the Nuns Fire of October 2017. Observe the rebirth of native vegetation, learn about the fires' impacts on the oaks and the larger landscape, and look for wildflowers, including special "fire follower" species. This hike is also an opportunity to share how you and your community are healing alongside nature.
Free, with advance registration required. Meet in the Highway 12 parking lot at 13630 Sonoma Highway. Parking is $7 or free for Regional Parks members. Bring water and wear sturdy shoes.
This hike is supported by the Sonoma County Regional Parks Foundation's Response and Recovery Fund, which is raising money to augment fire renovation in the parks.
Register and Join Us for the Series:
- May 12, 10AM-12PM, Shiloh Ranch Regional Park - This event is full.
- May 19, 9AM-2PM, Hood Mountain Regional Park - This event is full.
- June 23, 9AM-2PM, Hood Mountain Regional Park
- July 7, 10AM-12PM, Sonoma Valley Regional Park
- August 18, 10AM-12PM, Shiloh Ranch Regional Park