Shiloh Ranch Regional Park
This event is full.
How are the parks recovering from the Sonoma County wildfires? Join a Regional Parks naturalist on a moderate-level 4-mile hike in Shiloh Ranch Regional Park southeast of Windsor. Shiloh Ranch burned extensively in the Tubbs Fire of October 2017. Observe the rebirth of native vegetation, learn about the fires' impacts on the woodlands and the larger landscape, and look for spring wildflowers, including special "fire follower" species. This hike is also an opportunity to share how you and your community are healing alongside nature.
Free, with advance registration requested: https://sonomacountyparks.ticketleap.com/shiloh-ranch-wildfire-ecology-hike/
Meet in the parking lot. Parking is $7 or free for Regional Parks members. Bring water and wear sturdy shoes.
This hike is supported by the Sonoma County Regional Parks Foundation's Response and Recovery Fund, which is raising money to augment fire renovation efforts in the parks.
Join us for the series:
- March 10, 9-11AM, Sonoma Valley Regional Park
- March 31, 10AM-12PM, Shiloh Ranch Regional Park
- April 14, 9AM-2PM, Hood Mountain Regional Park
- April 28, 10AM-12PM, Sonoma Valley Regional Park
- May 12, 10AM-12PM, Shiloh Ranch Regional Park
- May 19, 9AM-2PM, Hood Mountain Regional Park