Celebrating 50 Years!
          • Reserve a


          Hiking and Camping

          Where are the Regional Park campgrounds?

          Regional Park campgrounds are located along the beautiful North Coast and in the heart of Wine Country. Please see our camping page for more detailed descriptions, rates, reservations and other information.

          Our coastal campgrounds include Doran and Westside in Bodega Bay and Stillwater Cove and Gualala Point on the county's far north coast. All have ocean access. In Santa Rosa, camping options include the Spring Lake campground, which provides a wilderness experience near city conveniences. And in the Sonoma Valley, Hood Mountain Regional Park features two secluded walk-in sites for environmental campers.


          Can I join a guided hike?

          Yes, we offer a variety of hikes that let you explore the parks. Rangers often lead walks at Tolay Lake Regional Park, and naturalists at Spring Lake's Environmental Discovery Center lead family hikes on the third Saturday of each month. In addition, we offer spring wildflower hikes and specialty hikes during our annual Parks Celebration in April, May and June. Please see our Activities page for details on all our upcoming hikes.

          Visiting the Parks

          What are the day-use fees?

          The day-use parking fee for Sonoma County Regional Parks is $7, and many of our parks have new electronic pay stations which accept credit cards and $1 and $5 bills.

          If you have a Regional Parks annual membership, you can park for free in all our parks. A membership is the most affordable option for regular park visitors. To join, please visit our membership page.

          Can I bring my dog to the park?

          Well-behaved dogs on leash are welcome in most parks and on most trails. Dogs are not allowed on the trails at Shiloh Ranch Regional Park or the swimming beaches at Healdsburg Memorial Beach and Spring Lake Regional Park. For the safety of your dog and other park visitors, dogs must remain on a leash no longer than 6 feet. Violators may be cited.

          Dogs are allowed off-leash in the specially designated dog areas at Ragle Ranch, Sonoma Valley and Ernie Smith parks.

          Where can I swim in the parks?

          We have two lifeguarded beaches, the swimming lagoon at Spring Lake Regional Park in Santa Rosa and Veterans Memorial Beach in Healdsburg. The Spring Lake lagoon is open seven days a week from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. Memorial Beach offers lifeguarded swimming from late June through Labor Day weekend. This is a calm swimming hole created by a seasonal dam we install each summer.

          If you choose to swim at other beach parks along the Russian River, you do so at your own risk. Those beaches have no lifeguards and hazardous conditions can be present.

          For children and teens interested in learning lifeguarding skills, we offer trainings and camps each summer. For more information, please see our swimming page.


          Who do I call if there's an emergency in a park?

          In the event of an emergency, please call 911 and then notify any parks staff you may see.

          Making Reservations

          How do I reserve a group picnic area?

          We have beautiful picnic sites available throughout Sonoma County. Our group picnic areas can accommodate parties of 25 to 150 people and are ideal choices for warm-weather gatherings. They feature plenty of picnic tables and barbecue grills, ample parking and lots of open space for the kids to run around.

          For more information on specific picnic areas and the permits and fees required to reserve, please call our reservations desk at (707) 565-2041 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

          How do I reserve an athletic field?

          We have a range of facilities for organized sports - soccer fields, baseball fields, tennis courts, basketball courts and volleyball courts. Fields are open March through October, weather permitting. Sports leagues and organizations or groups with 25 or more persons will need to obtain a special-use permit. For more information regarding permits and fees, contact our office at (707) 565-2041. Private parties of 24 or fewer people are welcome to use courts and fields on a first-come, first-served basis.


          How do I reserve a meeting room or auditorium?

          We have lovely outdoor areas you can reserve for special events, but we do not have indoor facilities for rent. We used to manage the Veterans Memorial buildings, but those facilities can now be reserved through the county’s General Services webpage.


          Career and Volunteer Opportunities

          How do I learn about jobs with Regional Parks?

          All hiring for Regional Parks is done through the Sonoma County Human Resources office. Please see the employment page for more information.


          How can I become a Regional Parks volunteer?

          We have a robust volunteer program and are always interested in hearing from others interested in helping the parks. Volunteers assist us with park maintenance, special events, campground operations and much more. Please see our volunteer page for more information.


          Some content on this page is saved in alternate format. To view these files, download the following software.

          Windows Media Player   Windows Media® Player for Windows, Flip4MAC for MAC OSX
          Compressed ZIP Archive   WinZip® for downloading compressed files