The Tolay Fall Festival presents two weekends of old-time, nature-based fun from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. October 12-13 & 19-20, 2019 at Tolay Lake Regional Park southeast of Petaluma.
More than just a pumpkin patch, the Tolay Fall Festival is a seasonal celebration of the beauty and history of this special park. Fall Festival activities are low-key, hands-on and educational by design.
- Explore the "Nighttime Creatures Barn" full of native and exotic snakes, birds of prey, tide pool animals, and taxidermied wildlife
- Venture into the "Creepy Crawly Room," where tarantulas, scorpions and jellyfish glow under black lights
- Take a hayride to a pumpkin patch and find the perfect Halloween pumpkin
- Enjoy Alaguali cultural activities, including basketry
- Try farm activities like wool-carding and candle-dipping
- Enter the World-Record Pumpkin-Seed Spitting Contest
- Join hands-on demonstrations in archery, astronomy and nature photography
- Compete in gunnysack races. Find your way through a straw maze. Pet barnyard animals
- Sample food and desserts from local vendors or bring a picnic
$5 for adults
$3 for children 12 and younger.
Activities inside the festival are free.
Parking is $7.
Free Admission for Members! Regional Parks members get free, one-time admission for two adults and two children and free parking when they present their parking pass at the entrance.
For general questions about the Tolay Fall Festival, please contact Regional Parks' main office by phone at (707) 565-2041 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Field Trips to the Fall Festival
Schools are invited to visit the Tolay Fall Festival on field trips during the festival's two-week run in mid-October. Students make traditional crafts, play old-fashioned games, learn about wildlife through live displays in a historic barn, and take hayrides with a ranger to a pumpkin patch. This special field trip introduces students to the role of agriculture and farming in healthy communities.
Registration for the Fall Festival field trips is now closed. If you have questions regarding field trips, please contact Christina McGuirk by phone at (707) 789-9699 or by email at email@example.com.
Read more about our other school programs
Thank you to our 2019 sponsors!