Get the most out of your time on Sonoma County's trails with these health and safety tips:
- Stay on marked trails at all times.
- Carry your cell phone.
- Print or download the trail map before you arrive at the park, or snap a photo of the trail map at the park entrance.
- Wear sturdy shoes and dress in layers to accommodate the region's micro-climates. Apply sunscreen and pack a hat and sunglasses.
- Bring water for everyone in your party and depending on the length of your hike, a high-energy snack or lunch. If you're hiking with your dog, be sure to bring water and a bowl for your pet.
- Follow suggestions from the Marin/Sonoma Mosquito & Vector Control District to reduce your exposure to ticks. When you complete your hike, check yourself and your dog for ticks.