Trails are rugged. Always travel with another person. Be sure to bring sufficient water and appropriate clothing for weather changes.
7:00 a.m. to sunset.
$7 per vehicle for day use. $1 per person (vehicles with 10 or more people)
3000 Los Alamos Road, Santa Rosa. Access to the northwest portion of the park is through Los Alamos Road, a winding and narrow road. RV's and vehicles with trailers should use extreme caution. The driveway to the lower parking lot has been reconstructed and is now in use.
1450 Pythian Road, Santa Rosa. Access to the southeast portion of the park is via the Pythian Road Trailhead. It is located 1.3 miles up the North side of Pythian Rd., off Highway 12. To reach the horse trailer parking lot, drive .5 miles up Pythian Road off Hwy 12 and turn left onto Eliza Way. Continue 600' to equestrian parking between the two brick buildings.
Permitted on leash no longer than 6 feet. License required.
The park consists of 1,750 acres of wilderness with outstanding hiking, mountain biking and equestrian trails. On a clear day, park visitors may see the Golden Gate Bridge from Gunsight Rock and the Valley View Trail. Most trails are for experienced hikers in good physical condition.
Safety Alert: The trails are rugged. Always travel with another person. Be sure to bring sufficient water and appropriate clothing for weather changes.
Hood Mountain Regional Park contains 19 miles of trails, our most extensive trail system. Trails climb through forests, over meadows, and cross several creeks. Terrain is challenging, but the effort is rewarded with views of both the Sonoma and Napa sides of the Mayacamas Mountains as well as views of Bay Area landmarks on clear days. Trails are strenuous, so please plan for ample time to complete hikes. Hikes may be extended by connecting to trails in adjacent Sugarloaf Ridge State Park. (Leashed dogs are welcome at Hood Mountain, but they are not allowed on Sugarloaf trails.)Equestrians also are welcome at Hood Mountain, with horse trailer parking off of Pythian Road 1 mile southeast of the main Pythian Road trailhead. Livestock water is available in the horse trailer parking lot and in Orchard Meadow. Hood Mountain includes several walk-in campgrounds available by reservation.
- Three environmental campsites are available in remote settings reached by hiking approximately 2 miles from parking areas. Sites include tables, food lockers and tent pads. Primitive toilets are nearby. Potable water and electricity are not available.
- Sites are for tent camping only and are not accessible by car or RV. Two individual sites near Merganser Pond are reached via the Pythian Road entrance. One individual site and one group site along Azalea Creek are reached via the Los Alamos Road entrance.
- Campfires and barbecues are not allowed, but cooking stoves are permitted. Trash service is not available, so garbage must be packed out.
- The individual site rate is $20 per night for up to four people.
- The group site rate is $225 per night for up to 50 people.
- Non-refundable reservation fees apply. Cancellation fees may apply.
- Discounts and promotional offers are not available.
- Hood Mountain campsites must be reserved by calling (707) 565-2267 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday or visiting Regional Parks' office at 2300 County Center Drive, Suite 120A, in Santa Rosa between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Hood Mountain campers must check in at Spring Lake Regional Park's Newanga entry station before driving to Hood Mountain. At Hood, they will park at the Pythian Road or Los Alamos Road entrances, depending on the campsite. Campers must remain within designated areas after sunset.
- Campers may stay up to four consecutive nights. Dogs on leash and horses are allowed.
Detailed camping and reservation information>
Funky Fridays Concert - May 27, 2016
May 27, 2016 7:00 PM
Funky Fridays Concert - June 10, 2016
Jun 10, 2016 7:00 PM
Funky Fridays Concert - June 17, 2016
Jun 17, 2016 7:00 PM
Funky Fridays Concert - June 24, 2016
Jun 24, 2016 7:00 PM
Funky Fridays Concert - July 1, 2016
Jul 1, 2016 7:00 PM
Funky Fridays Concert - July 8, 2016
Jul 8, 2016 7:00 PM
Funky Fridays Concert - July 15, 2016
Jul 15, 2016 7:00 PM
Funky Fridays Concert - July 22, 2016
Jul 22, 2016 7:00 PM
Funky Fridays Concert - July 29, 2016
Jul 29, 2016 7:00 PM
Funky Fridays Concert - August 5, 2016
Aug 5, 2016 7:00 PM
View our calendar for more activities