The park opens at sunrise and closes at sunset.
No day use parking fee.
Permitted on leash no longer than 6' in length. License required.
Accessible parking space and loading area; accessible paths of travel to the building, family picnic site and portable restroom.
Watson School was built in 1856 and was active as a school until the late 60's. Although the interior is closed to the public, visitors are welcome to walk up to this historic building to get a close up view of a one-room schoolhouse.
Adjacent to this historic building is Christo & Jeanne-Claude Running Fence Park. This quarter-acre park provides a small parking lot and picnic tables on a grassy area. A portable restroom is available.
Watson School Restoration Project
Phase 3 Restoration Completed in March 2012
After nearly 2 decades of silence in the classroom, Watson School has received a much needed facelift thanks to a generous donation to the Sonoma County Regional Parks Foundation by a former student. The school has been closed to the public for nearly two decades as a result of a failing foundation, and the building has been braced for several years to keep it from falling over from the strong winds that blow up the valley from the coast.
Read more >