Santa Rosa Creek Trail
Between Willowside Road and Fulton Road; south of Guerneville Road and north of Hall Road
The park opens at sunrise and closes at sunset.
Limited parking is available along the shoulder of Willowside Road.
Permitted on leash no longer than 6' in length. License required.
The 2.14 mile Santa Rosa Creek Trail starts at Willowside Road and heads eastward connecting the City of Santa Rosa's Prince Memorial Greenway into downtown Santa Rosa. The trail north of the creek is paved and the trail south of the creek is gravel. On the north side of the trail there are three pedestrian/bicycle bridges that cross the following creeks: Wendel, Peterson, and Piner. You can also access the trail by using the existing gravel maintenance roads located on these three creeks.
When funding is available, the Santa Rosa Creek Trail will be extended westward from Willowside Road to Guerneville Road.
Willowside Road to Fulton Road
Santa Rosa This park is featured in the
Sonoma County Trails Challenge, which invites you to get out and get active by hiking five of 15 routes highlighted in the updated Trails Challenge guidebook. Submit a trails log when you finish all five hikes and get a free Trails Challenge gift!
Distance: 4 miles round trip
Degree of difficulty: Moderate
Elevation Gain: 40 feet
- This is a paved trail along a section of Santa Rosa Creek in west Santa Rosa. It’s on a raised road on the north side of the creek with views of the waterway, farms, vineyards, and mountains. The trail is popular with walkers, joggers, cyclists and dog walkers and is not open to motorized traffic.
- Santa Rosa Creek forms in the Mayacamas Mountains and flows through the city to the Laguna de Santa Rosa north of Sebastopol. The creek is home to a variety of birds and wildlife, including the western pond turtle, California’s only native turtle and a species of special concern.
- The trail continues beyond Fulton Road for another 2.8 miles to downtown Santa Rosa’s Prince Memorial Greenway.
- From the east side of Willowside Road, pass the trailhead post on the north side of the creek channel and follow the trail upstream (toward the east.)
- The creek corridor is lined with oak, willow and walnut trees and blackberries and other shrubs. Pass several feeder creeks from the north and cross two bridges.
- Enjoy views of the creek and its thick vegetation to the south and views of pastures, horse farms, and
vineyards to the north.
- The trail bends to the north as you approach Fulton Road and parallels Piner Creek, which feeds into Santa Rosa Creek.
- Turn around at Fulton Road and follow the trail back to Willowside Road.
- From Highway 101 in Santa Rosa, exit on Guerneville Road and drive 4.5 miles west to Willowside Road and turn left.
- Drive .5 miles south to the trailhead on the north side of the creek.
- Park on the narrow shoulder along the road.
- No parking fee.
Some content on this page is saved in alternate format. To view these files, download
the following software.
for downloading compressed files