Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach
13839 Old Redwood Highway, Healdsburg, CA 95448
Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach offers access to the Russian River for wading, swimming, paddling and sunbathing and also features shady picnic areas, lawns, a par course and restrooms.
Each summer, the wide, sandy beach just south of the city's historic, steel-truss Memorial Bridge is a popular destination for playing in the river. The parking area can fill by mid-day on summer weekends, and only limited off-street parking is available nearby.
- The beach is staffed with lifeguards during the summer from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
- Free loaner life vests are available for use during the summer. See our blog post on Russian River safety tips.
- Leashed dogs are allowed on the lawn and in the parking lot, but not on the beach or in the river.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed in the park.
- Fires and barbecues are not allowed on the beach.
Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach features accessible parking, restrooms, outdoor shower, drinking fountains, picnic sites and path of travel. All-terrain wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Park staff will assist with the check-out/check-in process. There is currently no accessible river access until planned improvements are installed.