Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach
13839 Old Redwood Highway, Healdsburg, CA 95448
Google Maps™ Directions
2023 Seasonal Dam: The seasonal dam just downstream from Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach will be installed this year. The dam creates a lifeguarded swimming area on the Russian River from July through early September. Regional Parks did not install the dam in 2021 or 2020 due to water flow restrictions and pandemic impacts. However, water levels this year will be high enough to install the dam by 4th of July weekend. Dam installation can begin once Russian River flow goes down to 400 cubic feet per second (cfs), likely in late Spring.
Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach offers access to the Russian River for wading, swimming, paddling and sunbathing and also features shady picnic areas, lawns, a par course and restrooms.
Each summer, the wide, sandy beach just south of the city's historic, steel-truss Memorial Bridge is a popular destination for playing in the river. The parking area can fill by mid-day on summer weekends, and only limited off-street parking is available nearby.
- The beach is staffed with lifeguards during the summer from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
- Free loaner life vests are available for use during the summer. See our blog post on Russian River safety tips.
- Leashed dogs are allowed on the lawn and in the parking lot, but not on the beach or in the river.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed in the park.
- Fires and barbecues are not allowed on the beach.
Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach features accessible parking, restrooms, outdoor shower, drinking fountains, picnic sites and path of travel. All-terrain wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Park staff will assist with the check-out/check-in process. There is currently no accessible river access until planned improvements are installed.
7 AM to 30 minutes before sunset
Allowed on leash in some areas
Ranger Station: (707) 433-1625
CA Relay: 711
$7 or free for members