Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach
13839 Old Redwood Highway, Healdsburg, CA 95448
Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach offers access to the Russian River for wading, swimming, paddling and sunbathing and also features shady picnic areas, lawns, a par course and restrooms. A temporary dam in place from July through Labor Day creates a popular swimming area along the park's wide, sandy beach just south of the city's historic, steel-truss Memorial Bridget.
On summer weekends, the parking area can fill by mid-day and availability of off-street parking is limited.
- The beach is staffed with lifeguards from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
- Free loaner life vests are available for use during the summer. See our blog post on Russian River safety tips.
- Leashed dogs are allowed on the lawn and in the parking lot, but not on the beach or in the river.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed in the park.
- Fires and barbecues are not allowed on the beach.
Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach features accessible parking, restrooms, outdoor shower, drinking fountains, picnic sites and path of travel.
All-terrain wheelchairs are available for free use on a first-come, first-served basis. To check out a wheelchair during the summer, please see park staff. To borrow a wheelchair at other times, please call the park's office at (707) 433-1625 to arrange your visit. (If the call goes to voicemail, please leave a message and a staff member will return your call to confirm your appointment.) Please note that this beach is on a slope that makes chair use challenging, especially when returning from the shore to the parking area. There is currently no accessible river access until future planned improvements are made.
- Summer Season (weekends and holidays only): On weekends and holidays between Memorial Day and Labor Day, commercial bus operators are not permitted to drop off or pick up passengers at the Regional Parks river beaches, with the exception of Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach. Commercial shuttle and charter buses may make free reservations with C3 Transportation to transport passengers on the Regional Parks River Shuttle at least 48 hours in advance by calling 415-727-7158.
- Summer Season (weekdays only): On weekdays between Memorial Day and Labor Day, commercial bus operators will need to obtain a permit in advance before dropping off or picking up passengers at the Regional Parks river beaches. Commercial buses without reservations will not be allowed in the parks.
- Off-Season (Fall/Winter/Spring): On any day between Labor Day and Memorial Day, commercial bus operators will need to obtain a permit in advance before dropping off or picking up passengers at the Regional Parks river beaches. Commercial buses without reservations will not be allowed in the parks.