Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach
13839 Old Redwood Highway, Healdsburg, CA 95448
Google Maps™ Directions
Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach offers access to the Russian River for wading, swimming, paddling and sunbathing and also features shady picnic areas, lawns, a par course and restrooms.
Each summer, the wide, sandy beach just south of the city's historic, steel-truss Memorial Bridge is a popular destination for playing in the river. The parking area can fill by mid-day on summer weekends, and only limited off-street parking is available nearby.
- The beach is staffed with lifeguards during the summer from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
- Free loaner life vests are available for use during the summer. See our blog post on Russian River safety tips.
- Leashed dogs are allowed on the lawn and in the parking lot, but not on the beach or in the river.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed in the park.
- Fires and barbecues are not allowed on the beach.
Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach features accessible parking, restrooms, outdoor shower, drinking fountains, picnic sites and path of travel. All-terrain wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Park staff will assist with the check-out/check-in process. There is currently no accessible river access until planned improvements are installed.
7 AM to 30 minutes before sunset
Allowed on leash in some areas
Ranger Station: (707) 433-1625
CA Relay: 711
$7 or free for members