Regional Parks River Shuttle
2023 Summer Season: The Regional Parks River Shuttle runs 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekends and holidays beginning Memorial Day weekend.
The Regional Parks River Shuttle is a low-cost transportation option for visiting Steelhead and Sunset beaches on the Russian River. Ride the River Shuttle to avoid full parking lots or the need to leave a car at each beach during float trips.
An all-day ticket is $5. Children and teens 18 and younger ride for free.
The River Shuttle travels a loop, departing every 30 minutes between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. from El Molino High School, 7050 Covey Road, in Forestville to Steelhead Beach Regional Park and Sunset Beach River Park.
Buy a ticket
- Go to russianrivershuttle.mytrakk.com. (Reservations are not required, but seats are first-come, first-served.)
- Choose the date you'd like to ride. You do not need to specify a departure time. Shuttles run every 30 minutes.
- Select the number of tickets you want to purchase. Chidren and teens 18 and younger ride for free but need a ticket. Each ticket is round-trip and allows you to get on and off at more than one stop.
- Enter your contact information. (A QR code ticket will be sent to the email address and phone number you provide.)
- Enter your payment method, review your order and submit.
- You will receive an email and SMS text message with a link to view and manage your reservation/ticket.
- Show the QR code on your phone when boarding the shuttle.
How to float the river when arriving by shuttle
- Take the Regional Park River Shuttle from El Molino High School, 7050 Covey Road, Forestville (The last shuttle leaves El Molino High School at 2 p.m.)
- Coolers, deflated rafts/tubes, fishing poles and other gear are allowed on the shuttle.
- Get off the shuttle at Steelhead Beach. Use the park's free inflation station to inflate your raft or tube – or bring a hand pump to avoid waiting in line.
- Float from Steelhead to Sunset Beach. Travel time is about 4.5 hours.
- Arrive at Sunset Beach and deflate your raft/tube to take with you on the return shuttle. All floats left on the beach are trash and can pollute the river and harm wildlife.
- Catch the shuttle back to El Molino High School. The last shuttle leaves Sunset at 6 p.m.
For your safety
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed on the shuttle or in the parks.
- Dogs are not allowed on the shuttle.
Secure your belongings, trash your trash
- There is no place to store valuables on the shuttles or at the parks. If you are floating the river, you will need to keep your keys, phone and other belongings with you on the water.
- Keep your trash with you. Pack out your trash and practice other Leave No Trace principles to keep beaches clean and wildlife healthy.
- Read more about planning a float trip on the Russian River here.
All vehicles used for shuttle service are wheelchair accessible and configured to transport at least two wheelchair passengers at any time.
|El Molino High School||Steelhead Beach||Sunset Beach|
|Shuttle 1||10:00 AM||10:15 AM||10:30 AM|
|Shuttle 2||10:30 AM||10:45 AM||11:00 AM|
|Shuttle 1||11:00 AM||11:15 AM||11:30 AM|
|Shuttle 2||11:30 AM||11:45 AM||12:00 PM|
|Shuttle 1||12:00 PM||12:15 PM||12:30 PM|
|Shuttle 2||12:30 PM||12:45 PM||1:00 PM|
|Shuttle 1||Break 1:00 - 1:30|
|Shuttle 2||Break 1:30 - 2:00|
|Shuttle 1||1:30 PM||1:45 PM||2:00 PM|
|Shuttle 2||2:00 PM (Last pickup)||2:15 PM||2:30 PM|
|Shuttle 1||2:30 PM||2:45 PM||3:00 PM|
|Shuttle 2||3:00 PM||3:15 PM||3:30 PM|
|Shuttle 1||3:30 PM||3:45 PM||4:00 PM|
|Shuttle 2||4:00 PM||4:15 PM||4:30 PM|
|Shuttle 1||4:30 PM||4:45 PM||5:00 PM|
|Shuttle 2||5:00 PM||5:15 PM||5:30 PM|
|Shuttle 1||5:30 PM||5:45 PM||6:00 PM|
|Shuttle 2||6:00 PM||6:15 PM||6:30 PM|
|Shuttle 1||6:30 PM|
|Shuttle 2||7:00 PM|
If you have questions about the Regional Parks River Shuttle, contact the operator, C3 Transportation, at 1-800-727-0279 or 415-727-7717 or firstname.lastname@example.org.