Westside Boat Launch - Background
Sonoma County Regional Parks operates two small craft launching facilities in Bodega Bay. These are located at Doran Regional Park & Westside Regional Park, and are used by thousands of boaters every year.
Regional Parks received funding from the Division of Boating and Waterways to perform the design, environmental, and jurisdictional agency process for both facilities for regulatory permitting and project approval. In order to minimize impacts to boaters seeking launch sites in Bodega Bay, Regional Parks is performing improvements to one facility at a time based on current needs.
At this time only the Westside Park boat launch improvements have been funded for construction by the Division of Boating & Waterways. Funding requests for construction of the Doran Regional Park boat launch improvements will be submitted during future Division of Boating & Waterways grant cycles.
- California Coastal Commission Public Hearing Staff Report(PDF: 7.05 MB)
- Administrative Draft Initial Study(PDF: 1.86 MB)
- Notice of Preparation of an Initial Study(PDF: 188 kB)
- Doran Beach Concept Plan(PDF: 2.74 MB)
- Westside Park Concept Plan(PDF: 403 kB)
- Westside Improvement Plans - January 2, 2015(PDF: 4.35 MB)