Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission Meeting
Date: October 02, 2023
Time: 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Registration Required: No
- 1. Welcome & Land Acknowledgement – Bert Whitaker, Director of Sonoma County Regional Parks
- Call to Order & Duties of the Commission – Commission Chair
- To act in an advisory capacity to the Board of Supervisors in promoting, aiding and encouraging public recreation, including the development of recreation, park and open space facilities;
- To act in an advisory capacity to Regional Parks Director in the maintenance, development and operation of recreation areas and facilities serving the residents of the county;
- To establish general procedures to carry out the purpose of the advisory commission.
- Comments from the Public – Public may address the Commission on matters that are not on the agenda
- Members of the public wishing to suggest an item for a future Commission agenda may do so during this public comment period. The Ralph M. Brown Act (the State local agency open meeting law) prohibits the Commission from acting on any matter that is not on the agenda. Speakers are limited to three minutes each; the Commission Chair may adjust the time limit in light of the number of anticipated speakers.
- Approval of the Minutes (Action Item) - of the May 22, 2023 meeting of the Parks & Recreation Advisory Commission
- Commissioner Reports (Informational) – Commission Chair Arsel Perez
- Director’s Report (Informational) - Bert Whitaker, Director of Sonoma County Regional Parks
- Occidental Community Center Pickleball Courts (Action Item) -David Robinson, Parks Manager, Sonoma County Regional Parks
- Joe Rodota Trail – Public Art Project (Informational) – Kari Svanstrom, Planning Director, City of Sebastopol, and Bert Whitaker, Director, Sonoma County Regional Parks
- Climate Adaptation and Resilience Plan (Informational) - Mindy Craig, BluePoint Planning
- Adjournment – Commission Chair Arsel Perez
Public Comment During the Meeting:
Members of the public wishing to suggest an item for a future Commission agenda may do so during the public comment period. The Ralph M. Brown Act (the State local agency open meeting law) prohibits the Commission from acting on any matter that is not on the agenda. Speakers are limited to three minutes each; the Commission Chair may adjust the time limit in light of the number of anticipated speakers.
You may email public comment to Parkspublicmeetings@sonoma-county.org or call (707) 565-2041 to leave a message with your public comment. All public comments will be communicated to all Commission Members and will be read during the meeting for the benefit of the public. Please include your name and if applicable the relevant agenda item number to which your comment refers. In addition, if you have joined as a member of the public through the Zoom app, or by calling in, there will be specific points throughout the meeting during which live public comment may be made via Zoom and phone.
Agendas and Materials:
Agendas and supporting materials are available on the Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission webpage. Materials are also available for public inspection. Please call (707) 565-3351 or email Parkspublicmeetings@sonoma-county.org for more information.
If you need an accommodation, an alternative format, or required another person to assist you while attending this meeting, please contact Sonoma County Regional Parks at (707) 565-3351 or Parkspublicmeetings@sonoma-county.org within 72 hours of the meeting to ensure arrangements for accommodation.
Spanish Interpretation is available through Zoom for Regular Board Meetings. Any additional language services are available if made at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting to help ensure availability. For more information or to request services please call (707) 565-3351.
Aviso en español:
Interpretación al español para las reuniones de la Comisión está disponible a través de Zoom. Servicios de interpretación a otros idiomas están disponibles si se piden al menos 48 horas antes de la reunión para ayudar a garantizar la disponibilidad. Para más información o para solicitar servicios, comuníquese al (707) 565-3351.