Forestville River Access
10584 River Drive, Forestville, CA 95436
Forestville River Access provides access to the Russian River, just off River Road, via a parking area and a short trail leading to a scenic beach. Known by locals as "Mom's Beach", the rocky shore offers a lovely view of the surrounding redwood forest.
This is a great spot to sunbath and watch summer paddlers heading down river.
Lifeguards are not on duty. Free loaner life vests are available at the beach during the summer. See our blog post on Russian River safety tips.
- Alcohol is not allowed in the parking area or on the beach.
- Fires and barbecues are not allowed on the beach.
- Dogs allowed on leash, but must remain on leash even while swimming.
Forestville River Access features accessible parking but the path of travel is along the road and the slope down to beach is steep and difficult to navigate. The path to water’s edge is sand and river rock, making it difficult for individuals that use mobility devices.
- Summer Season (weekends and holidays only): On weekends and holidays between Memorial Day and Labor Day, commercial bus operators are not permitted to drop off or pick up passengers at the Regional Parks river beaches, with the exception of Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach. Commercial shuttle and charter buses may make free reservations with C3 Transportation to transport passengers on the Regional Parks River Shuttle at least 48 hours in advance by calling 415-727-7158.
- Summer Season (weekdays only): On weekdays between Memorial Day and Labor Day, commercial bus operators will need to obtain a permit in advance before dropping off or picking up passengers at the Regional Parks river beaches. Commercial buses without reservations will not be allowed in the parks.
- Off-Season (Fall/Winter/Spring): On any day between Labor Day and Memorial Day, commercial bus operators will need to obtain a permit in advance before dropping off or picking up passengers at the Regional Parks river beaches. Commercial buses without reservations will not be allowed in the parks.