Riverfront Regional Park
7821 Eastside Road, Healdsburg, CA 95448
Riverfront Regional Park is located along the Russian River, just minutes from downtown Windsor and Healdsburg, and surrounded by classic Wine Country scenery. The park features a popular picnic area in a redwood grove and two lakes for fishing, kayaking, and canoeing.
The 2-mile Lake Trail loops around the larger lake, Lake Benoist, and includes a short unpaved spur to small gravel beach on the Russian River. The .5-mile Redwood Hill Trail climbs through a grove of coast redwoods.
A restroom with flush toilets and a drinking fountain are available.
A redwood grove near the parking area contains individual picnic sites and a reservable group picnic area with a large barbecue. The area also includes a seasonal volleyball net and a horseshoe pit.
Riverfront Regional Park features 3.12 miles of trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding.
- The primary trail - the 2.18-mile Lake Trail - leads from the parking lot past Lake Wilson and loops around Lake Benoist. The lakes are reclaimed gravel pits transformed into settings for fishing and non-motorized boating. (Swimming in the lakes is prohibited.)
- The Russian River can be reached from a trail spur on the north side of the Lake Trail.
- The half-mile Redwood Hill Trail passes through a grove of coast redwoods near the parking lot and over a forested ridge to connect to the Lake Trail
- Equestrians are allowed on the Lake Trail. Park amenities include equestrian parking and hitching posts.
- During wet weather, a northwest section of the Lake Trail may be impassable.
No swimming in the lakes.
The park features accessible parking, restrooms, picnic sites, drinking fountain and trails. Approximately 2 miles of accessible compacted gravel trails around the lakes and a mildly sloped trail wind through a redwood grove near the group picnic area and amphitheater. The park floods periodically, so there are 2 spillways whose side slopes exceed the slope guidelines for trails for short sections of the trail. Direct access to the lakes and river are difficult for those using mobility devices due to steep banks and seasonal flooding.
- Summer Season (weekends and holidays only): On weekends and holidays between Memorial Day and Labor Day, commercial bus operators are not permitted to drop off or pick up passengers at the Regional Parks river beaches, with the exception of Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach. Commercial shuttle and charter buses may make free reservations with C3 Transportation to transport passengers on the Regional Parks River Shuttle at least 48 hours in advance by calling 415-727-7158.
- Summer Season (weekdays only): On weekdays between Memorial Day and Labor Day, commercial bus operators will need to obtain a permit in advance before dropping off or picking up passengers at the Regional Parks river beaches. Commercial buses without reservations will not be allowed in the parks.
- Off-Season (Fall/Winter/Spring): On any day between Labor Day and Memorial Day, commercial bus operators will need to obtain a permit in advance before dropping off or picking up passengers at the Regional Parks river beaches. Commercial buses without reservations will not be allowed in the parks.