Stewarts Point Ranch Coastal Trail - Project Detail
The project proposes a 0.9-mile trail that will be 6’ wide, meeting State Parks trail standards for American with Disabilities Act compliance.
Project features include:
- New entry improvements
- Parking for eight vehicles and one van accessible space, information kiosk, trails signs and benches
- Site restoration, wetland mitigation, fencing and gates
- One new bridge
- Several drainage lenses and armored crossings
The trail plan is complete, and the environmental document has been released for public review and comment. You can view the Draft Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration (ISMND) below or refer to State Clearinghouse (SCH) number 2021100478. We ask that you submit any questions or comments on the project to Mark.Cleveland@sonoma-county.org by November 29, 2021.
This project is being performed jointly with the Kashia Reserve Coastal Trail project, which lies just north of Salt Point State Park.
- Draft Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration - North Coast Trails
(Reduced-size PDF: 34.9 MB)
- Extension of Public Comment, North Coast Trails
(PDF: 192 KB)
- Presentation for Community Meeting on 2-23-19
(PDF: 8.1 MB)
- Meeting notes from Community Meeting
(PDF: 120 kB)
- graphic showing proposed section of Stewarts Point Ranch trail
(PDF: 7.8 MB)
- graphic showing proposed section of north Kashia Coastal Reserve trail
(PDF: 7.8 MB)
- graphic showing proposed section of south Kashia Coastal Reserve trail
(PDF: 12.4 MB)