Timber Cove Trail - Background
The proposed Timber Cove Trail is a part of Sonoma County's north coast section of the California Coastal Trail. This segment is approximately 2.5 miles long and extends from Stillwater Cove Regional Park on the north end to Fort Ross State Historic Park on the southern end. The trail feasibility study has been funded by a grant from the California Coastal Conservancy.
The scope of the grant covers the activities detailed below.
- Research existing right of way and offers to dedicate.
- Prepare topographic and right of way surveys, and other graphic information.
- Perform site analysis, develop and analyze potential trail alignment alternatives, and traffic and safety considerations.
- Collaborate and coordinate project development and alternatives analysis with the Coastal Commission, Coastal Conservancy, and Caltrans.
- Perform public outreach to present trail alignment options and solicit comments, and develop preferred alignment alternatives to be included in the Feasibility Study.
- Complete the final Timber Cove Trail Feasibility Study.