For Immediate Release
Spring Lake celebrates summer with new amenities and commemorates 50 years
Opening of swimming lagoon, Water Park, boat rentals and new cafe mark start of summer season
SANTA ROSA, CA | May 25, 2023
Spring Lake Regional Park, one of Sonoma County's most popular parks, officially kicks off the summer season this holiday weekend with the opening of its lifeguarded swimming lagoon, inflatable floating Water Park, standup paddle and boat rentals, and a new lakeside eatery called Sonoma Burger Snack Shack.
Summer season highlights include:
- Water Park: The inflatable floating Water Park is open for kids (6 years old and 42 inches tall) and adults, with three two-hour sessions daily from 10 a.m. Tickets available at SoCoParks.Org/WaterPark for $10 per session.
- Boat rentals: Kayak and paddleboard rentals available daily from 10:15 a.m. to 7 p.m. Reserve online at secure.sonomacountyparks.org/aquatics.
- Swimming lagoon: Open daily from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., with lifeguards on duty. Free life vests provided. No reservations needed.
- Sonoma Burger Snack Shack: Enjoy burgers, hot dogs, vegan options, seasonal slushees, beer and wine. Open from noon to 7 p.m. on weekends, and daily by mid-June.
- Guided outings: Don't miss guided outings, including walks, paddling programs, and family events throughout the summer. Register at SoCoParks.Org/Calendar.
As part of the 50-year anniversary celebration of Spring Lake's development, Sonoma County Regional Parks has planned various improvements and enhancements throughout the year. These upgrades aim to make the recreational experience even better for all visitors by improving the park's infrastructure and adding new amenities. To see a complete list of projects – and to learn more about how the park came to be – visit the Spring Lake 50th Anniversary webpage.
Spring Lake is located in Santa Rosa and features trails for hiking, biking and horseback riding, plus boating and fishing, camping, picnic areas, the Environmental Discovery Center and a seasonal swimming lagoon. Learn more about Spring Lake on the Spring Lake webpage.
Sarah Phelps, Marketing Specialist
Sonoma County Regional Parks
Sonoma County Regional Parks provides essential opportunities for people to connect with nature. We contribute to the vibrancy and well-being of our community by expanding access to recreation experiences, serving as responsible stewards of cultural and natural resources, and ensuring that our parks are clean, safe and welcoming. Learn more at SonomaCountyParks.org.