The Russian River runs through Sonoma County from Cloverdale in the north to Jenner in the west. Seven Regional Parks located along the way provide access for kayaks, paddleboards, canoes and inner tubes. Paddling season is typically May through September.
Some of the most interesting nature-watching takes place on the Russian River, so while paddling between parks, you might see ospreys, bald eagles, kingfishers, great blue herons, turtles, otters and other birds and wildlife you may not notice on land.
Travel Times by Kayak
- Del Rio Woods to Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach - 1.5 to 2 hours
- Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach to Forestville River Access - 4 to 6 hours
- Steelhead Beach to Sunset Beach - 2 hours
- Steelhead Beach to Guerneville River Park - 4 to 5 hours
- Guerneville River Park to Monte Rio - 1.5 hours
- Monte Rio to the Highway 1 bridge in Jenner - 3-4 hours
If traveling by canoe, add 1 to 2 hours to the kayak times.