- Bird Watching
- Boating and Paddling
- Horseback Riding
- Outreach Programs
- Tolay Fall Festival
- Trails Challenge
- Back to Camping
Temporary Closure: All Hood Mountain environmental campsites are currently closed due to wildfire impacts.
Hood Mountain Regional Park & Open Space Preserve in scenic Sonoma Valley features environmental campsites reached by hiking approximately 2 miles from the parking areas.
- Four sites along Azalea Creek reached via the Los Alamos Road entrance
- Two sites near Merganser Pond reached via the Pythian Road entrance
Reservations are required.
- Each environmental site includes a picnic table and food locker. Pit toilets are nearby.
- Potable water or electricity are not available.
- Cookstoves are permitted, but campfires and barbecues are not allowed.
- Garbage must be packed out.
- $20 per night
- Campers may stay up to 10 consecutive nights. Dogs and horses are permitted.